Global Wind Day 2018 Photo Contest, “Wind Vision”
1. The promoter of the “Wind Vision” contest is WindEurope asbl (hereafter “WindEurope”) and the Global Wind Energy Council (hereafter “GWEC” whose registered office are at Rue d’Arlon 80, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
2. The competition is open to all photographers (amateur and professional) aged 18 and older except employees of WindEurope and GWEC and their close relatives as well as anyone judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://globalwindday.org/submitphotos/.
6. Closing date for entry will be 20 May 2018 (23:55 CEST). After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. The winners will be announced on 15 June 2018 and their photos will be exhibited at WindEurope’s Annual Summer Reception on 21 June 2018.
8. No responsibility can be accepted by the promoter for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The promoter does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
10. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The images must have been created in the past three years
- The images must be the entrant’s original work
- The images must be owned by the entrant through copyright regulations
- To the best of the entrant’s knowledge, the photographs do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- To the best of the entrant’s knowledge, the photographs do not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- The photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your photograph does not include:
- Trademarks owned by third parties.
- Copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
- Names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
- Entries in which you have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images.
- The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the promoter in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
- Source material or proof of permission to use must be made available to the promoter.
- The entrant confirms that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
- Maximum 6 entries per person will be accepted.
- All images should relate to the contest theme “Wind Vision” and its categories: 1) Local Impact; 2) Boosting Economies; and 3) Visionary Wind
- Computer-generated images will not be accepted.
- Artwork and illustrations will not be accepted.
- All images should be submitted as high-quality jpgs.
- Each image should be submitted in its highest resolution (as a guideline, each picture should be at least 2000 pixels on its shortest edge; and should be at least 2MB in file size).
- Photos with frames and watermarks will not be accepted.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, terrorist act or threat thereof, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible through the website.
12. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the competition, and the promoter assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the competition. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. The promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to the promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. If for any reason a contestant’s photograph cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, the promoter assumes no responsibility.
13. In no event will the promoter, its members, event partners or its officers, directors, employees, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the website and participation in the competition. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
14. The prizes are as follows:
- Overall winner of Category 1 “Local Impact”: €1,000.
- Overall winner of Category 2 “Boosting Economies”: €1,000.
- Overall winner of Category 3 “Visionary Wind”: €1,000.
The prizes are as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. All winners explicitly and freely agree to allow WindEurope and GWEC to showcase their photos at WindEurope’s Annual Summer Reception on 21 June 2018.
15. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
16. Winners will be chosen as a result of a panel of judges appointed by WindEurope & GWEC.
17. The promoter reserves the right, at their discretion, to disqualify or discount any entrant, image or vote connected to votes cast by unfair means.
18. The winner will be notified by email and/or by letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
19. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
20. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to WindEurope and GWEC and not to any other party.
22. The winners explicitly and freely agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be solely used in accordance with current EU and Belgian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior written consent.
24. All entrants to this photo competition explicitly agree and have freely given their consent to have their photos published as required under the GDPR.
25. By entering any image, the entrant explicitly and freely grants the promoter the non-exclusive right to reproduce such image for any purpose at any time in any media. For example, the promoter may use the images submitted in online articles, reports or marketing activities, in perpetuity.
26. The entrants consent to the use of their images in any publicity carried out by the promoter without further compensation in perpetuity.
27. The competition and these terms & conditions will be governed by Belgian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Belgium.